The past couple of days have pretty much been the same: hanging with Dan, doing this ridiculous work I've been given and stressing over the Christmas cards (left!).
Dan arrived just after we woke up yesterday and actually it was really great to see him. It was really nice of him to come this way and I'm only sad I've had to work the whole time, as I'd love to've been able to hang out with him all the time.
Fortunately Dan is a fan of doing day-to-day things when he's in a new city, so the mundane trip to the post office was actually fun for him, which is just as well! I then put him on a tourist bus that goes all over the city, as I figured that'd be the best way for him to find his way around without me.
Then I got down to this hideous exorcism work, which proved really difficult - how do you sell someone on the idea of doing an exorcism to order on telly while someone - who is possessed and yet in no way mental - is injected with radioactive serum?!
In the first instance, it's been quite hard finding any pentecostal ministers who actually do exorcisms and those that I've spoken to have really freaked me out and worried me that I'm committing some terrible act of blasphemy while indulging the notion of casting out bad spirits. Or at least that they can put some kind of curse on me over the phone if they detect I think they're loony.
Poor Dan - I felt terrible because after a day of wandering the city by himself, he came home to the Christmas card factory! He just sat on the sofa watching telly (which he professed to be very happy doing), while Max and I struggled with the nightmare of sticky spindly snowflakes.
Today was the same again - Dan went on his bus, I left a bajillion messages for exorcists and then we continued working on the Christmas cards tonight.
We were meant to go to the Dr Dog gig at the 9.30 Club that we got tickets for ages ago tonight, but Emily didn't get tickets in the end and we've really got to get the cards finished in time to make it worth sending them.
I got rid of the tickets in my first ever forray onto Craigs List. We lost quite a bit of money on them and I had to send Max to meet a random man who bought them off us, but at least we got a bit of the money back.
And I had a breakthrough with both work and the cards! I managed to find a priestess who's very keen to be involved in the exorcism doc and is a big character, like what the company are looking for, so hopefully I'll be able to set something up with her. And I've found a cunning way of getting the goo off the spindly snowflakes without taking hours over each card! Huzzah.

No comments:
Post a Comment