Very little - nay nothing - from the past few days qualifies as an adventure, so there's little to tell.
I've been doing some work for the company back in London who I was working for before we left for DC. I'm working for a different exec there and doing more interesting stuff, drawing on the psychology that I did in my first couple of years at university, but despite liking the work more, I've found it just as difficult to get down to it and ignore il diablo di procrastination that is perched firmly on my shoulder.
As such, there was no softball for me yesterday. Maxy was here all morning as he had a late evening of work covering the final primaries and I didn't manage to get down to work until the evening, so worked until about 1am. The fact our computer was revolting didn't help matters.
It was very exciting to watch McCain, then Clinton, then Obama speak. McCain's speech was SO lame! And so interesting that he kept parrotting 'that's not change I can believe in', letting his message be defined by Obama's. He just looked like a weird old man, with directions to smile on his autocue.
Hillary was really impressive and engaging - I don't think I've really heard a whole speech of hers before - but it was kind of weird, how there was no note of concession in her voice at all. You'd have thought it was her who'd just clinched the nomination. And there doesn't seem to be much closeness between her and Bill, but I guess that's old news.
I was sad that Obama wasn't more smiley in his speech. He has a nice smile. But also, he'd just secured the nomination - you'd have thought there'd be a bit more cheeriness in his speech. But I guess he has to show that the serious work is just beginning, or something else similarly Bartlet-y. Hooray!
The most exciting thing that's happened is, having 'given' Max a private tour of the West Wing for his birthday, Alison's flatmate Emily today confirmed our date! We're going a week on Sunday!!! Tooooo exciting. I must just remember to check cupboards as we leave, to make sure Max is hiding in one, waiting for Obama to arrive...

No comments:
Post a Comment