This morning was cool - I had my first ever webcam chat. It was with my friend Dan who lives in Chiswick and it was nice to see a friendly face and get a video tour of his new flat.
This evening, I played my second game of tennis from the website I signed up to. It was with a girl called Jean who works at the State Dept (foreign office) and learned how to play tennis during her 2-year posting in Bogota, where she had lessons on the ambassador's private tennis courts. Nice. Colombia sounds so nice - I'm sad it's so dangerous as I'd love to visit.
We played at courts right by the temporary apartment Max and I stayed in at the beginning of our time here and had to wait about an hour for a court, which was a real pain. But Jean seems very nice and we had a good knock about when we finally did get on the court, around 8pm. She's a little rusty, but definitely better than criminal lawyer Sarah. And the courts are really nice - it was pretty cool by the time we played and then floodlights came on as it got darker.
After supper at home, Max and I went over to neighbour Anne's flat to meet her Dad - Don - who's visiting for a few days. He's a Milton scholar and a really really nice chap who brought frozen yoghurt from a new place called Mr Yogatos down the street. We all got on very well and Don invited us to their holiday house on the Jersey Shore, which would be ace.

1 comment:
Oct 25 (Sat)
Philadelphia, PA
The Merriam Theater
** (Music Today pre-sales start August 4)
Oct 26 (Sun)
Washington, DC
Lisner Auditorium at George Washington University
Post a Comment